My expertise is the outcome of the following multidisciplinary study and qualifications, achieved since 1999.
- Masters Degree (Merit) – Integrative Humanistic Counselling (Person Centred & Gestalt)
- 2:1 B.A. Hons Degree – Human Communication & Communication Disorders
- Clinical Training in counselling Children & Young People, The Place2Be
- Cert. Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology, College of Cranio-Sacral Therapy, London
- Usui Shiki Ryoho Apprentice Teacher Training, Thailand (2006-2010); additional Gendhai Reiki training to Level 3 (2014-2016)
- Diploma in Yoga Practice, Thailand
- Training in Advanced Yoga Practice, Thailand
- Cert. in Thai Massage, The Old Medicine Hospital, Changmai, Thailand
- Cert. in Abdominal Massage, Sunshine Massage School, Changmai, Thailand
- Cert. in Teaching English as Foreign Language, International House
- Teacher Training – Primary School (Key Stage 2)
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage
- Diploma in Reflexology
- Cert. in Counselling
I have been exploring Yoga and Meditation since I was fifteen. In order to support my own trauma recovery I had long-term personal therapy. This enabled me to heal, grow into my authentic self and find freedom. As a result, I understand the power of my vulnerability and use this to empower others.
Commitment to reflective practice and transparency within clinical supervision underpin all my academic achievements. The psychological, spiritual, biological and ecological understanding I bring to my work is the outcome of a lifelong affinity with nature and depth training in the interrelationship between mind and body and soul, in the UK and South-East Asia.
In order to continually develop myself I:
- Constantly read & research, pursuing training that expands my insight, skill & knowledge
- Engage in a daily spiritual practice & live in a manner that supports self-awareness & balance, enabling self-acceptance & a presence of calm. I also learned to love myself unconditionally!
As an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I subscribe to their Ethical Framework. This emphasises the principles of fidelity, autonomy, beneficence, non-maleficence, justice and self respect. The BACP will impartially and confidentially answer any questions you have.
To support my reflective practice I attend regular Supervision with a nationally respected Clinical Supervisor, who has over 35 years of experience.
- Registered, Accredited Member, British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), Registration Number 074798, BACP Member Number 676339
‘Strong ethics, commitment to reflective practice, continuous learning, transparency in clinical supervision and dedication to a way of life that supports my own balance. This is how I approach best practice’.