My expertise is the outcome of the following multidisciplinary study and qualifications achieved since 1999.
- Masters Degree (Merit) – Integrative Humanistic Counselling (Person Centred & Gestalt)
- 2:1 B.A. Hons Degree – Human Communication & Communication Disorders
- Clinical Training in counselling Children & Young People, The Place2Be
- Cert. Anatomy, Physiology & Pathology, College of Cranio-Sacral Therapy, London
- Usui Shiki Ryoho Apprentice Teacher Training, Thailand (2006-2010); additional Gendhai Reiki training to Level 3 (2014-2016)
- Diploma in Yoga Practice, Thailand
- Training in Advanced Yoga Practice, Thailand
- Cert. in Thai Massage, The Old Medicine Hospital, Changmai, Thailand
- Cert. in Abdominal Massage, Sunshine Massage School, Changmai, Thailand
- Cert. in Teaching English as Foreign Language, International House
- Teacher Training – Primary School (Key Stage 2) & Teaching English to Adults
- Diploma in Indian Head Massage
- Diploma in Reflexology
- Cert. in Counselling
I have 26 years of yoga and meditation practice and have received 200 hours of personal therapy. This personal experience has enabled me to grow into an authentic person, confident to stand in the power of my own vulnerability and use this to empower others.
Commitment to reflective practice and transparency within clinical supervision underpin all my academic achievements. The psychological, spiritual, biological and ecological understanding I bring to my work is the outcome of a lifelong affinity with nature and depth training in the interrelationship between mind and body, in the UK and South-East Asia.
In order to continually develop myself I:
- Constantly read & research, pursuing training that expands my insight, skill & knowledge
- Live in a manner that supports self-awareness & balance, enabling self-acceptance & a presence of calm
As an accredited member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) I subscribe to their Ethical Framework. This emphasises the principles of fidelity, autonomy, beneficence, non-maleficence, justice and self respect. The BACP will impartially and confidentially answer any questions you have.
In support of the quality of care and skill I offer you I attend regular Supervision with a nationally respected Clinical Supervisor, who has over 35 years of experience.
- Registered, Accredited Member, British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP), Registration Number 074798, BACP Member Number 676339
‘Strong ethics, commitment to reflective practice, continuous learning, transparency in clinical supervision and dedication to a way of life that supports my own balance. This is how I aim for excellence’.