Suitable for adults and young people, Counselling is a powerful way of changing your life for the better, appropriate if you:
- wish to address issues form the past in order to move on
- are facing difficulties in the present
- are anticipating the future & need to make important choices
When difficult things happen in life like losing someone you love or having a bad experience, feelings such as anger, sadness, loneliness or a loss of confidence are a natural way of your mind and body saying, ‘this is not okay’.
This can be expressed in your thoughts, feelings, behaviours and in a sense of feeling disconnected from your spirit and the world around you. This doesn’t mean that something is wrong with you or that you’ll feel this way forever. You won’t.
By giving you the time, space and skilled support necessary to safely express and explore whatever is stopping you from living to your potential, counselling helps you find your own answers, bringing lasting change. By helping you get in touch with the natural resources inside you, counselling helps you take back control, re-discovering your potential and leading a more fulfilling life.
The way we work together will reflect your individual needs and the inter relationship between your mental, emotional, physical and spiritual well being.
I offer Counselling online via Skype or Zoom or by telephone. I work with adults and young people (age 11+).
Why Come for Counselling?
People come for counselling for a variety of reasons including:
- anxiety / stress / worry / anger
- bereavement / loss / loneliness
- low self-esteem / lack of confidence
- relationship / friendship or family difficulties
- struggles associated with growing up and finding your place amongst your peers
- depression or low mood / problems sleeping / problems relaxing
- difficulties arising from illness
- work / school related issues / bullying / harassment
- exam nerves
- life direction / life changes / spirituality / career
- sexuality / gender issues / sense of identity
- assertiveness / difficulties speaking up
If your situation is not described above, this does not mean that counselling is not for you. If you are in doubt, please get in touch and we can discuss your needs together.
What are the Benefits?
- reduced stress & anxiety
- enhanced peace of mind
- a more comfortable relationship with yourself
- increased self-confidence & self-esteem
- improved relationships
- self-awareness & self-acceptance
- freedom from the past
- improved well being
- the power to participate more fully in life
- trust in your own your thoughts & feelings
- awareness of your hopes & dreams
What is My Approach?
I am trained in a variety of humanistic approaches, all of which rest on the belief that growth and healing are possible, given the appropriate conditions.
Where appropriate to your wish and need I integrate the creative approach, Gestalt Therapy. Meaning ‘whole’, this awareness-based approach enables you to connect with the resources of your mind, body and who you are so that you can experience your capacity to assert yourself and live to your full potential.
An interest in Neuroscience (the science of the nervous system) and specialist training in Mindfulness practices endorsed by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence and the Mental Health Foundation in the treatment of difficulties associated with stress and anxiety, also inform my practice.
Where appropriate to your wish and need I integrate these practices in our work together, also incorporating creativity and the uniquely gentle approach to supporting emotional resilience, relaxation and stress reduction Breath Perception®.
I am a skilled, intuitive therapist who takes seriously the responsibility of working on myself daily, as a foundation for working with you.
Make an Appointment
For more information or to make an appointment please get in touch. Apprehension is a natural part of seek a counsellor you can trust. I will greet you with respect, kindness and genuine care.